Header Ads

Nursing Student Wakes Up To Discover He's A Trillionaire

When Christopher Williamson went to sleep Monday night, he was a nursing student who had invested $20 in a small crypto currency. What he woke up to was straight out of a Black Mirror episode as he learned that his money had multiplied...65 billion times, making him a trillionaire. With a "TR".

So what did Williamson try to do first with his newfound Scrooge McDuck-like fortune? If you guessed "withdraw it", then you're not alone. That was what the Georgia native did. After all, he figured it might be an error. The currency, "Rocket Bunny", had never traded above $0.00000000007 per coin.

RELATED: No, Jeff Bezos Is Not About To Become The World's First Trillionaire

"I woke up, it's like 9 a.m. and I always check my phone to check how my crypto to see how it's doing and I like looked at it, I'm waking up, and I'm just like, ‘Naw, I'm sleeping," Williamson told Fox 10. "I look at it again and I'm like… at that point I fall out of my bed literally, and I run to my desk and I'm logging into the Coinbase app and stuff and I’m talking to my friends, got him on the phone and I’m like, 'Dude, you need to help me figure out how to sell this now!' He's like, 'Chris, something wrong."

Error is the key word in all of this as his attempts to take the balance out through the app, Coinbase, was met with a slew of errors. As Christopher eagerly awaited a chance to get his hands on his surprise windfall, the company sent a message that they were reviewing the situation in order to find the "best solution." That never sounds good.

The win wouldn't make Williamson the first trillionaire, but put him in an elite class of six other people...ever. Since the start of time, there have only been six and, if this happens, the list will be pretty jarring to read. It would include Genghis Kahan, King Solomon, and Christopher Williamson.

“I know I’ll never get $1 trillion, but I hope something comes out of it if that makes sense,” Williamson explained to NewsNation.

In an effort to move the process into his favor, he even invited all Coinbase employees on a mega yacht shaped like a penguin if they eventually allow him to ever withdraw the funds. So far, there is no response.

Williamson has been Tweeting his journey as the first modern day trillionaire. He said that if it isn't resolved soon, he will need an "emotional support penguin." Christopher likes penguins.

READ NEXT: Woman Charged $5,705 For Cup of Coffee Fights Three Months For Refund

Sources: NewsNationFox 10Best Citizenships



from TheRichest - Feed https://ift.tt/2UaarXu

No comments