Header Ads

Kailyn Lowry Dropped $200,000 To Fight Briana DeJesus

The stars of the Teen Mom franchise used to share their financial struggles on the show as they tried to make ends meet as young parents. Nowadays, the mothers are spending hundreds of thousands of dollars to fight amongst each other, as evidenced by Kailyn Lowry’s latest lawsuit.

Kailyn recently came up on the losing side of a defamation case she launched against Briana DeJesus. The reality star originally filed the lawsuit after her co-star gave an interview in which she claimed Kail physically attacked Chris Lopez, the father of her youngest two kids.

RELATED: Beyoncé Invests A Small Fortune In Enhanced Water

Earlier this month, the case was dismissed. Not only did the judge find Kailyn failed to properly notify Briana of the lawsuit, but it violated Florida’s Anti-SLAPP statue.

Now, a week since the ruling, Kailyn opened up about just how much she had to spend on the failed lawsuit. “I just got out of a defamation lawsuit. I lost– well, it was dismissed. I didn’t lose. It was dismissed,” Kailyn said during an appearance on The Viall Files podcast.

She added, “It was a waste of $200,000. But you live and you learn.”

The podcast’s host, Nick Viall, responded to suggest that Kailyn probably regrets spending the small fortune given how the case worked out. But Kail corrected him.

“I actually don’t regret it because I stood up for myself,” she explained. “I felt like I was taking a lot [from Briana], so I stood up for myself. So, ultimately, if nothing else, that’s what I got out of it.”

Kailyn continued on to explain she believes she los the case largely because she filed the lawsuit in Florida.

"I personally think that, the state of Florida— I had to sue her in the state of Florida [where she lives]— and they just look at things very differently,” the reality star said. “But the judge didn’t think that I proved [Briana acted in] malice [and that] she purposely spread rumors and lies.”

Kailyn added that she’s wanted to sue people for defamation in the past, but her legal team has often advised against it. Still, she emphasized that she can’t regret “stand[ing] up for what’s not true.”

Briana was quick to vocalize her satisfaction with the court’s ruling shortly after the decision was released. “Suck my dick,” she tweeted alongside an article explaining why Kailyn lost the cast.

Kailyn also sent out an official statement on her social media channels. “While today’s ruling is unfortunate, I have to respect the judge’s decision,” she wrote. “With that being said, I stand by my truth and the information spread about me was and still is not true.”

The MTV star said she’s looking forward to re-focusing her attention on her various projects as well as her four boys.

NEXT: Bill Hwang Puts Out $100 Million For His Freedom

Sources: The Ashley, The Viall Files,



from TheRichest - Feed https://ift.tt/Gb02MYB

No comments